Tax rules get more complex every year. Identifying and seizing economic opportunities gets more difficult. Every decision you make impacts your tax situation. HORNE knows the vital impact that proactive tax planning has on your ability to sustain or scale your business and on your peace of mind.
We help clients reach goals through comprehensive international, federal, state and local-level tax counsel, industry-specialized tax services and related core accounting solutions.
Proper oversight of your business tax situation is vital to helping your company mitigate risk, improve the bottom line and uncover vital insights important to planning and pursuing opportunity.
HORNE’s credentialed, industry-focused tax consultants bring a depth of resources and insight to help you achieve the best possible outcome from your unique business tax situation. Whether your tax implications are local, state, federal or global, we provide the right information to help you make informed, confident decisions and the right tools to enable you to execute your plans.
- Accounting for income taxes — SFAS 109 and FIN 48 (outsourcing and consulting)
- Bankruptcy consulting
- Compensation and benefits planning and consulting
- Employment tax credit studies
- Financial planning and consulting
- Industry tax services
- International tax services
- Merger, acquisition and restructuring services
- State and local tax services
- Valuation services
HORNE helps clients access and use federal tax law, IRS decisions and tax management strategies to make critical daily and long-term strategic growth decisions.
Across every industry, businesses face complex market trends, economic and governance pressures and competitive demands. All these factors impact liquidity and business growth.
HORNE federal tax consulting helps clients make critical decisions that affect the safety and liquidity of their business. Our federal tax professionals educate them about how to anticipate and respond to IRS decisions. By staying informed about tax law developments, business owners can institute management strategies and accounting methodologies that transform federal tax requirements into opportunities.
- Accounting methods and credit services
- Accounting methods review
- Cost segregation studies
- Develop and exempt organizations
- Federal legislative and regulatory services
- LIFO inventories
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Section 199
- Tax compliance and consulting services
- Tax controversy services
- Tax credit research
- Tax technology and transformation
STATE & LOCAL TAX (SALT)
In the current economic environment, monitoring and managing state and local tax obligations can be a challenge. But for organizations working to protect their revenue and future, it is critical to stay on top of state and local filing requirements.
We help organizations increase revenue and implement smart growth strategies by applying solid, current knowledge of state and local filing obligations and exposure.
- Multistate income and franchise tax
- Indirect taxes (sales and use tax)
- Abandoned unclaimed (escheat) property
- Audit assistance and controversy resolution
- Credits and incentives
- Multistate assistance during due diligence for acquisitions
- Nexus studies and voluntary disclosure assistance
- Property tax compliance and consulting (real and personal)
- Reverse income tax audits (RITA)
- Reverse sales tax audits
- Sales and use tax compliance and consulting
- Sales and use tax training
- State tax reduction strategies (STAR)
- Tax provision assistance