If you receive an email like the one described above, or one that you suspect may not be legitimate, it is important that you:
- Do not respond to the email (No matter how authentic it looks)
- Do not click on any links in the email
- Do not open any suspicious email attachments
- Do not provide data to websites as a result of the email
- Immediately contact your lending institution to verify the request
You must remain vigilant regarding this and other phishing attempts. Hackers are using the rush to obtain loan proceeds as an opportunity to take advantage of unsuspecting business owners.
For more information about ways to maintain and improve your organization’s security, contact HORNE Cyber.