Mississippi offers manufacturers many tax incentives that enable companies to prosper and grow. But are you taking advantage of all the opportunities you qualify for?
- Are you importing or exporting cargo through Mississippi ports?
- Have you invested $1,000,000 or more in manufacturing assets or plant expansions?
- Have you created new jobs or hired skilled R&D professionals?
- Have you had any new construction or expansions of existing warehouse or manufacturing facilities?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be leaving money on the table. And, many of these incentives and credits can be claimed retroactively for even greater savings.
The Mississippi Department of Revenue’s 2019 annual report listed over 6,100 manufacturers registered with the state, but noted only 21 were taking advantage of the manufacturing investment tax credit.
HORNE can help you capture all the tax benefits of investment in Mississippi. From researching the impact of new incentives, to making sure renewal applications are filed for existing ones, we help ensure you continue to compete and thrive.
We offer a complete, no-cost review* to find available incentives not being utilized, and prepare application and renewal forms.
Our State & Local Tax (SALT) team takes pride when Mississippi businesses and industry succeed. Our SALT team can help you take advantage of every available tax benefit.
As the largest Mississippi-based accounting firm, we bring a thorough understanding of the inner workings of state tax code and incentives. We’d love to talk about how we can work together.
* The review and filings are at no-upfront cost. Client must agree to share a percentage of tax refund or go-forward savings with HORNE.