I believe leadership is about serving others and helping those around you see and reach their full potential. That belief shapes HORNE. Our people have purpose and a genuine commitment to service. I use this passion to provide encouragement, guidance and leadership to our clients, team members and communities. Clients know that our passion for service and expertise is unrivaled. We work to make a difference for their businesses and their lives.
Within the profession, Joey actively challenges the mainstays of public accounting. He advocates growing leaders faster using holistic approaches and intentional sponsorship. In addition to his weekly beBetter blog, he is the author of numerous whitepapers and articles, including Becoming the Firm of the Future published by the AICPA. He has co-authored four books during his career at HORNE. Joey is an active member of CPA Practice Advisor’s Top 30 Thought Leaders, where he works with other accounting professionals to help lead and shape the industry.
Joey is a frequent presenter/teacher/facilitator on creating a culture of belonging, strategic planning, leadership development and loves to teach young professionals the ABCs to Outstanding.
Joey joined HORNE in 1984 and earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Mississippi.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
- CPA Practice Advisor’s Top 30 Thought Leaders
- 2017 Mississippi’s Top CEOs by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Accounting Today’s 2016 Elite Managing Partner List
- Top 40 Under 40 Leadership Award by the Mississippi Business Journal